The only reality show I was ever taken in by was Wife Swap. I find it fascinating to see how other people live their every day lives and how it compares with how other people live their every day lives, and then to watch it get all mixed up. I really like to know how other people do the same thing I do. I was chatting with my friend Kady at A Lady Reveals Nothing (who just got interviewed by Forbes online magazine) (showoff) and we were talking about some bloggy things and that got me wondering what other bloggers think about and how they do things. I want to know these things! I came up with questions for what I want to know the most.
I would like you, my fellow blogger/readers to answer my questions so we can get a peek into your bloggy life. Here are the questions:
1. Does your blog fit into a "niche" and how do you choose what to write about? Have you ever pulled a post after you published it because you regretted it or got some horrible feedback?
2. Do you read a lot of other blogs? How many? Have you had contact with the bloggers, or are you a lurker?
3. Do you comment on a lot of other blogs?
4. How important is it for you to get comments on a scale of 1-10?
5. Do you respond to your commentors?
6. How many followers do you have? How did you get them?
7. How do you promote your blog?
8. Do you write for any other sites?
9. What is your most favorite and least favorite thing about blogging?
10. What advice would you give to potential bloggers? What do you HATE when you see on a blog? What do you like to see on a blog?
Please answer my questions. Even if you only want to answer a few and not all, that's great! (personally I don't know how you could answer some and not the others, but hey, whatev.) I'll even let you be anonymous and post your answers that way, if you want (but why would you want to?). I figure if I am curious about how you do these things, a lot of other people are curious as well. Send me an email at email@example.com with your answers. You don't have to write a book. Just a few sentences for each question would suffice.
It won't take you that long. I will post your answers one blog at a time and make a big splash about how great your blog is for my 20 or so readers here at So... what else? and maybe we can make some bloggy connections and do some bloggy projects together! Doesn't that sound like fun! We could do cross-over events like they did with Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley! I don't know. But I know I would really love it if you played my little game. Just to get the ball rolling, I will post my answers for tomorrow's post.
So get busy. I'm talking to you Kady, Summer, Jane, Angie, Andie, Simone, Anne, Kathleen, Eva, (vacation shmacation, Eva) Wendi, Jenny (I wish), Meg, Amanda, Stephanie, Azia, Becky, Linda, You're Lucky I Don't Have a Gun, and anyone else out there that I've thoughtlessly overlooked. I couldn't possibly get too many responses.